Dear Sir or Madam,
You have chosen a holiday home in Les Gets, a well known Winter and Summer resort which has retained it’s village-like character.
This is probably one of the reasons that motivated your choice and you probably hope to see the village maintain it’s attractive atmosphere.
You might also like to meet other people like you who have chosen to spend time in Les Gets either on holiday, during their retirement or permanently.
We are an Association of people who own holiday homes in Les Gets and who come from different horizons (various different nationalities, different occupations, different origins, etc.).
The association was created in 1971, and has the following objectives :
- 1. Make it easier for temporary residents to be informed about life in Les Gets,
- 2. Develop ties between the local inhabitants and the visitors,
- 3. Encourage and support all local initiatives regarding town planning, the development of news facilities and the organisation of sport and cultural events,
- 4. Take steps to protect the environment, the areas of special beauty and the village,
- 5. Represent and protect the interests of members of the association in all local deliberations.
Two meetings are held each year during which members have an opportunity to meet with local authorities and discuss future projects in the village and the surrounding areas. These are followed by dinner in one of the local restaurants thus giving the opportunity to disvover even more of the village.
Members also meet during events supported by the association, for organised walks or outings and for other outdoor and indoor activities such as games or golf.
We would be delighted to count you amongst our members. To give you a better idea about how we operate, we enclose our latest circular.
NB: Following the resignation for personal reasons of the Chairperson, Mrs Claude Barrault, on the 31st of July 2018, the Vice Chairman Mr Alexis Duborgel will take over the position of Chairman until the next General Assembly on the 3rd of January 2019.
The By-laws of the Association can be downloaded by clicking on the image hereunder: